Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

extra credit

i do not think extrea credit should go towards any test or quiz grades

I agree. x credit needs to be with extra work such as projects and or out of the class assignments. having it on exam and quizzes can make students less likely to study hard for the event.

I think extra credit is great but it should not make up for missing assignments or bad grades on exams.

Hi Janelle:
Most teachers would agree with you too. In some classes, there may be a role for EC, but not for measuring learning, which is most often the case for grades.

Regards, Barry

I think that if any extra credit is given in a class it should be given to all students, not just to bring up a bad grade!

Hi Kirstie:
Most agree with you because extra credit may allow a student to the pass the course when they don't deserve to.

Regards, Barry

Hi Marko:
Some institutions have a "no extra credit" policy due to the issue of allowing a student to pass a course when they really haven't demonstrated an understanding of the main ideas.

Regards, Barry

Hi Tom:

Some institutions have moved away from allowing the use of extra-credit due to some issues that arise.

If a student can pass a course without demonstrating an understanding of the primary concepts, that may end up resulting in angry feelings from other students who have worked hard to earn a solid grade.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment