Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is coming back from my semantic memory! It's been awhile since I've studied thinking...

I learned how important it is to understand the different ways students learn and the factors that influence their learning, like their experiences, environment, and brain development. The idea that learning isn't a one-size-fits-all process but instead requires a mix of concrete and abstract thinking really made sense to me.

I apply this by teaching in a way that appeals to both concrete and abstract thinkers, using a variety of approaches. For example, I use hands-on activities and real-world examples for concrete thinkers, while also providing opportunities for abstract thinkers to explore connections and deeper problem-solving. I am always mindful of how I present information, ensuring I help students focus on the most important concepts, knowing that some information will be naturally deleted or distorted. By understanding how memory and brain function play into learning, I am able to support my students' abilities to retain and apply what they’ve learned.

Nice statements of brain development 

Interesante conocer la visión desde los modelos biologicistas. Sin duda, nuestra característica epígenetica permite una plasticidad neural que implica una maduración constante de nuestro cerebro. Sin embargo, es menester considerar las teorías histórico culturales al estudiar los procesos de aprendizaje. 

Sign In to comment