Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

RATIONALE

This is the first time I have seen RATIONALE on a
lesson plan format , is this the same as MOTIVATIONAL STEPS , I use motivational steps as
one of the content of my lesson plan
which is important to get the students exited and
really interested in the lesson presentation.

bernell dunn,

In my opinion "Motivational Steps" would be different than "Rationale" steps, in regards to lesson plan terminology. Rationale provides the students with the reasoning for the activity/assignments (based upon the alignment with the course learning objectives) whereas "Motivational Steps" can be used to encourage the student to complete the assignment.

Tremayne Simpson

This is a introductory exposure to the Rational Steps for myself as well. I like this aspect of the lesson plan, I especially like the example of the student that wants to know why they have to do an activity or project. Sometimes I have forgotten the reasoning behind a activity or project and have been stumped at the moment, but with this tool, answering the student will be easy and effective.

Jeff,

I agree. In fact, I have listed the project/assignment rationale on the guidelines, just to serve as a reminder of how it aligns with the course goals. Once the student understands the "what's in it for me" idea of the assignment, they may become more intrinsically motivated to give their best effort.

Tremayne Simpson

Sign In to comment