Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hello, I teach Dental Hygiene Clinic. I use comparison questions all the time to see if students understand the difference between different hygiene instruments.

Jeff,

Students enjoy these because they give them a sense of the real world.

Judy Mohammed

Anzhela,

Do you use these on tests or in discussions in class. These types of questions can open up great discussions.

Judy Mohammed

I ask students to compare the architecture of the ancient Romans to that of the ancient Greeks to highlight similarities and differences that exist between the two.

My class is on marine mammal acoustics, so students are learning about the hearing and vocalization abilities of different animals. I often ask them a closed question, followed by an open comparison question - for example:

"What is the hearing range of a bottlenose dolphin? How does this compare to that of a human?"

Would you describe the difference between an large diaphragm condenser microphone and a small diaphragm condenser microphone?

Compare the use of ice versus the use of heat for a sports injury?

An example used in our Automotive Technology courses would be "What is the primary difference between the OBD 1 and OBD 2 diagnostic systems?" Since each system has both it's own strengths and limitations, this helps to establish the overview of each, which will then allow for more of the separate details to be discussed afterwards.

Laurna,

I am sure that your students appreciate this opportunity and it makes an interesting class.

Judy Mohammed

Hannah,

This is a great combination. I am sure that it makes an interesting class.

Judy Mohammed

JoVia,

Great comparison question - is this an open or closed question?

Judy Mohammed

Pamela,

This is a great comparison question. Do you use it in class?

Judy Mohammed

Robert,

This is a great question since it can lead students to discuss real world situations.

Judy Mohammed

Is there a difference in the blood pressure of an individual when taken on the right arm as compared to the left arm?

What would cause the difference in the blood pressure in difference in the right and left arm?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the nervous system and the endocrine system?

Compare the qualities of Yin and Yang.

What is the difference between surgical asepsis and medical asepsis?

Sign In to comment