Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Timothy,

These are good questions. Do you already use them in classes or are you going to start using them?

Judy Mohammed

In the classroom I found the use of questioning and accurate gauge of comprehension. This can be identified by a students ability to "re-teach" a lesson to someone else and in idenitfying how well a student can apply the knowledge in real life problems.

Would you tell us the difference between a overhead valve engine and a overhead cam engine?

Daniel,

This is a good example. Is this a question that you currently use in class or are you planning to include it?

Judy Mohammed

Kenneth,

It is said that we learn well when we reteach the lesson, so this is great.

Judy Mohammed

Share what effect a rich air fuel reading will have on engine performance , and how does it differ form a lean air fuel mixture?

Bernard,

This is a good question, is it one you use in class?

Judy Mohammed

Explain to me the difference between a map sensor and a maf sensor.

Bryan,

This is a good comparison question. (I am just not sure if maf is a correct term or a typo.)

Judy Mohammed

During my chapter 5 lesson I compare two drive axle systems.

What are the similiarities of the Interaxle differential and the Wheel didfferential on a tandem axle truck ?

What are the differences in operation of the Interaxle differential Versus the Wheel differential ?

Dennis,

These are great comparison questions. Do you use questioning often in your classes.

Judy Mohammed

Name the 3 philosophies behind ethic theory?
Now explain or define them.
Give an example in health care delivery?
Now relate it to a situation you have dealt with in the delivery of health care.

Natalie,

These are great questions. They would encourage critical thinking and interactive classes.

Judy Mohammed

Compare and contrast pharmacy operations in a home infusion pharmacy with those in a traditional hospital pharmacy.

(I have many different comparison questions that make students compare the similarities and differences in the multitude of different pharmacy practices).

I use this question in composition classes to help the students formulate thesis statements for compare/contrast essays:

Compare the definition of poverty in the United States versus poverty in third-world nations.

Jessica,

This is a great question that leads to critical thinking. I am sure it opens a delightful classroom discussion.

Judy Mohammed

Thadeus,

Students also appreciate these questions since they get a sense of the real world.

Judy Mohammed

For the Cost Control class, I give each student a worksheet with five menu items and the "raw" food cost of each item. In the opening paragraph, I describe a few simple details of the food outlet, such as the maximum number of seats, and the location. I have them decide other details such as the target market, type of service, type of management personel needed. I ask each student to decide the menu price of each item by one of the three methods that I teach them. After they decide the other details, they should give the menu price for each item and an explanation of why they chose the menu pricing method they used.

Edna ,

This is an excellent application question. Students appreciate this type of questions since they give them a sense of the real world experience. It also gives you the opportunity to see how much they have understood and incorporated.

Judy Mohammed

Can anyone explain the differences between AC-CDI and DC-CDI ignition systems?

Sign In to comment