Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

How to manage differents types of learning process

As instructor you need to be very attentive on how the students react to a specific situation and be prepare to help them situated on their correct learning process.

Nelida,
Very true. This is why getting to know students is so important so you can provide support at the critical time of need.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree with you. It is important to be attentive on how the student react to different situations. Some students are going to take things more seriously than others, some are going to wear their heart on their sleeve, some will act as if they don't care, when in reality they do. As an instructor, you have to become good at deciphering these different situations. You have to learn the best possible way to interact with that student to ensure they are getting the information. You also have to be good at reading the cues that students give off.

On occasion I do use students to help each other, since they some times have an other way of explaining the process

Agreed.

It is absolutely vital to understand that every student is an individual and it is our responsibility to recognize that and apply it in the classroom.

This takes creativity and time, but is well worth the effort.

Amber,
Yes, it is. The payoff for the students is that they are being given the support they need to be successful. The payoff for the instructor is that they get to develop rapport with the students which in turn results in enhanced learning.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I utilize peer to peer teaching in the classroom as much as possible . This takes the student who grasp the information and makes them re-apply it to another student. This will help move it to long term memory and application. The add hands on and visual learning to help stimulate all types of learning.

Sign In to comment