Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Chandra,
Something I think we all are working on in being able to accommodate the process while still keeping our students engaged without wearing them completely out.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I often my students that their homework is to sleep--between work, school and family obligaations, they get too little of it and it's vital to their learning process! How can their subconcious work if their brains aren't resting?

In my past as an automotive technician, may times I suffered from this same scenario. When under the pressure of getting a vehicle diagnosed within a set timeframe, it sometimes becomes hard to find a relatively easy problem. After several instances of figuring out the problem during the ride home from work, I started to practice the method of taking a break for a minute to clear my mind of what seemed to be a complex problem and found the issue shortly after the "mental break".

Daniel,
Thanks for sharing this example with us. Yes, taking a minute or walking around for a while gives you the think time required to come up with the solution. So a few minutes spent in reflective thinking is time well spent in finding a solution and moving forward to a successful conclusion.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment