Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

module draws students in  

Recognizing the mid-term slump and how to regroup yourself and REFOCUS as helpful.  Also getting feedback from students both on what the have learned and what is to come and how they can build on the knowledge they learned in the 1st half to continue to apply in the 2nd half was helpful. 

It's much better to learn by telling a story or posing a problem/crisis than simply giving information.

I really like the surprise instruction

learned about ways to provide and give different strategies that will help keep the students engaged and focus during teaching

I love the concept of creating a crisis-to stimulate thinking and real-world application

I really like the idea of small groups, and the "Crisis Game"

From this module on Keeping Your Focus on the Students, I’ve learned the vital importance of prioritizing student needs and perspectives in the educational process.

Key Learnings:
Student-Centered Learning: Emphasizing a student-centered approach fosters a more engaging and effective learning environment. It encourages active participation and empowers students to take ownership of their education.
Understanding Individual Needs: Recognizing the diverse backgrounds and learning styles of students allows for more tailored instruction that meets each student's unique needs.
Building Relationships: Developing strong relationships with students enhances their trust and willingness to engage, making them feel valued and supported.
Application:
Adopting Student-Centered Strategies: I plan to incorporate more student-driven activities, such as project-based learning and peer discussions, to ensure students are actively involved in their education.
Regular Check-Ins: I will implement regular one-on-one check-ins to better understand individual student needs and challenges, allowing me to offer personalized support and resources.
Encouraging Feedback: I intend to create a culture where student feedback is encouraged and acted upon, helping to continuously improve the learning experience based on their insights.
By focusing on the students in these ways, I aim to create a more inclusive and supportive learning environment that enhances both engagement and success.

refocusing. surprising, creating a buzz and enthusiasm by being enthusiastic myself

Sign In to comment