Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructor excitement and engagement will yield student excitement and engagement. The students must know that you care. 

Students are not motivated by the same thing. One may be motivated to get an A in the class, while the grade is not as important to another student.

Course requirements should not be so hard that each week is perceived by students as a potential to fail the course.

The concept I learned is how to relate personal student experience, instructor experience and academic content in order to optimize cognitive level in the learning process, trying to guarantee not only content learning but experience about the content

One cannot overstate the importance of effective motivational strategies and the early recognition of what it takes for the student to succeed.  

Be ready to answer any questions they have in mind. Motivating the students an encourage them how to learn the course.

Be enthusiastic about the subject matter while demonstrating hat we are there to share our knowledge and help them achieve their educational goals. Communicating to the students that we are not experts but are further along in the learning process than they are. 

Being prepared and knowledgeable on the topic and delivering it with passion will not only motivate your student, but keep them in engaged.

I have learned that there are a few areas I could improve on and that there are a few areas I have been already doing. Looking forward to seeing the success of implementing these new areas of improvement. 

Comment on Alberto Vasquez's post: Retention of the educational material is critical for the longevity of the career they are embarking and be able to utilize the terms. concepts in readiness in performance.

I learned here the importance of enthusiasm and proving my level of expertise can have a direct effect on my student’s enthusiasm about what it is that they are learning 

Motivation should always be part of the instructor strategy, to maintain classroom lesson plan and also give the instructor a way to connect emotionally with the students.  This type of motivation makes the subjects want to become involved and see how their expertise is building.

learned how to interact with students on a personal level 

Career education students differ from your normal university students and giving them relevant information that they can apply to their learning and future practice will help with their success.  

Students get frustrated without immediate feedback, especially in the digital age. 

Motivation, consistency and enthusiasm are essential for student retention. 

awesome discussion about motivation and retention. be genuinely interested in the students learning, but not in a creepy way.

Sign In to comment