Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

On line trainning

I believe that on line class are good for those of us who work, have kids and have no time for a traditional school. There are far more many people that still want a traditional learning environment, to have interaction with an instructor and pears in a class room setting.

John,
This is a great statement. Many people in the past have wanted to further their education but could not due to restrictions. Thank you online!

Shelly Crider

Hi John,

I totally agree. Many individuals are now returning to school who already have the commitments of jobs and family which makes it tougher to juggle the schedule. Online learning has the flexibility, yet the quality of education is very comparable to the education received at a brick and mortar facility. I am a product of online learning, receiving my M.Ed online. I would do it all over again!

Thanks,

Dianne

There are certainly pros and cons to online learning. It does have advantages in be accessible 24/7, and it can be an effective way to teach and learn in a streamlined timeline. Learning on site in a traditional manner has advantages in that it can allow users a richer experience because it allows the learner and teacher to engage all senses. That is one reason why using multiple approaches and different media and styles is so important for teaching in an online environment.

It is also important to keep this information in mind when teaching an on-line course. I find at times the deadlines may be a little more fluid on-line than in the traditional classroom.

Denise,
It is good to stress deadlines online as well as traditional classroom. We have them all around us!

Shelly Crider

Zachary,
Pros and cons to each will vary with each and every student.

Shelly Crider

That is true, just as in a traditional in person training program.

Being a teacher online is just as great as being a student online. I have been able to be much more involved with my kids and their schools because of this opportunity. Now for the other side. Although online is great for that individual that is working, caring for kids and still wants an education, not all students are online students. Good online students need to be self motivated, organized and dedicated. They also need to be good at time management.

Most of the students I see not make it through an online course has more to do with the above characteristics or learning styles then the students actual aptitude.

Dr. Huber

Dawn ,
Being self-motivated is a must for online, whether you are a student or instructor. Good point.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment