Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an instructor to an online class it is important to maintain communication with all students to prevent a student from falling behind. This takes the utilization of a variety of teaching and communication methods.

I play a role in attrition management.  That means it's important for me to be listening to the feedback of students and be looking for patterns in their work.  That will help make me a more effective instructor.

Managing the e-learning environment means making sure online courses run smoothly and effectively. This involves helping students access course materials, offering prompt support and feedback, keeping track of student engagement, and updating resources as needed. Good management ensures the online platform works well, accommodates different learning styles, and creates an engaging and productive learning experience.

All types of learners exist in virtual and in person classes. It is important to make sure to pay attention if a student is feeling alienated online to minimize attrition and support the student on their journey. 

It is important to keep a record of communication and interactions between faculty and students. I learned about the different types of students and how they may present online. 

This section addresses the inevitable: procrastination. Understanding the different types of student learners will help an online teacher navigate these occurrences and properly handle these situations. 

Conflicts are common in e-learning environments due to the interdependent and interactive relationships necessary for dynamic learning. Key causes of conflict include ineffective communication, personality differences, and discrepancies in values, goals, or fulfillment of responsibilities. As an instructor, it's important to resolve conflicts early to prevent escalation, following institutional policies, and keeping records of all relevant communication.

Ive learned that many online educators face similar challenges. I have learned that the use of company policies help to drive my answers to students who present with conflict. Maintaining good communication is key and making yourself available to each student is very helpful. 

There are different types of learners and how they affect the class in synchronous and asynchronous learning environment. 

I learned behavioral management. 

It was valuable to learn about the different forms of learners in this environment, and especially about how to engage quiet learners with nods to their interests in course discussion. I also thought the use of an FAQ board was a valuable tip.

Sign In to comment