Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managers and Leaders are different.

Comment on Vladimir Velasquez's post: I agree Vladimir, good leaders and managers are both vital for organizational growth and success.

Leaders are visionaries and managers execute that vision. 

Leaders provide the vision and managers strategize so that the vision maybe executed. 

I find a lot of the descriptions of the two are somewhat abstract but I'm getting that being a manager is a job position that entails administrative tasks whereas being a leader entails having certain qualities that are useful in getting people to do their jobs and feel good about them.

Leaders have a vision that is translated into reality with the support of managers and the entire team. It's is a process that integrates planning, implementing, and monitoring that requires a team effort and collaboration. 

Leadership is the ability to lead your team to accomplish a goal by confidently directing them towards that goal.

Not all leaders are born leaders. Some leaders develop from both nature and nurture

Leadership is skill that is embedded in one's character.

The biggest eye-opener is that leadership can be displayed by anyone not just the CEO of the company/

I learned that leadership takes experience and schooling to have a balance. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean your a leader, gaining experience through practice will develop needed lessons for leadership. 

Leaders are the visionaries, the ones motivating the team and keeping their team committed. The leaders help the team feel recognized and appreciated and motivated.  Managers implement the vision, determine the steps to reach the goals, organize and keep a team focused, and then assess growth and opportunities. 

In my opinion, leaders are visionary, they inspire and motivate others. The managers have subordinates

I learned leaders have a vision. They see things from a bird eye view. Managers keep the vision on task to the finish line. 

Leaders see things from a bird's eye view.

Sign In to comment