Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Overall, this was a good course.  Most of the points were excellent and well-illustrated.  I look forward to my next one!

this cours was very helpful, I have been teaching for a few years now and have come to see the importance of being prepared.  Students want an organized instructor whom follows the rules and keeps a class under control.  Allowing the students to focus and enjoy the learning experience.

I also agree that being prepared and have the class ,as well as keeping the students informed about the activities for the day is very helpful to keep on track.I usually have a whole week agenda posted in the board at the beginning of the class to keep them on track and meet deadlines and agenda.It keeps them totally focused including myself

I loved this course. I especially thought the Harvard video were interesting.  I learned many good tips for being a better insturctor.  The best tip was to thoroughly go through the syllabus with the students.  That is something I have not done in the past.  I always told the students to read the syllabus later.  I see now the importance of going through it with the students and discussing the objectives of the course.

As a first time teacher, this course was very helpful. It gave me some very practical knowledge. After taking this course I'll be better prepared for next semester.

This course was tremendously helpful not only for a beginning teacher but it was also a nice refresher for veteran teachers as well.

I find that I used a lot of the strategies already but it was good to find some I hadn't thought of before.  I will be applying some of what I learned almost immediately.  The paper airplane ice breaker sounds like a good time.  I cant wait to use that one.

This course was presented well and I felt that i learned alot.  There were some good suggestions for dealing with students who are difficult.  I never wanted to have to deal with that problem, but I wish I had this course completed before my last class.  That portion would have beena great help *laughs*

Kelly

I found this course very helpful and interesting. I got a lot of good pointers from it.

I learned much more that I thought I would with this course.  It has been very helpful.

This course confirmed what I knew about my classroom skills and management abilities. I too found the Harvard mini lectures informative and useful. There are so many variances to situations and examples that can occur in and out of the classroom that it would be difficult to include all of them. This course did a fairly good job of providing examples for a new instructor and some useful reminders for those of us who have been instructing for years.

This course reinforced that the methods I have used with difficult students has been most appropriate. I am glad that my strategies were effective as they did prove so in outcome and result. I did learn that I need to pay more attention to those silent students and incorporate them more in class discussion without singling them out. Teaching Sociology, the course is very discussion based and not all students are comfortable participating. I learn about the student at the end through the personal perspective paper which is required for them to write for the course. I will try these methods using the panel and group presenttation which I have never used before. Hopefully the silent students will no longer be considered as such in future classes. 

Greetings,

this particular course has greatly stregnthen  my areas of weaknesses.  there are many important areas that I have been able to incorporate as an instructor.  

Excellent learning opportunity.  I am sure students will beneifit as this will be transferred into the classroom.

I just completed ED104.  Having a secondary education degree, I found that I was already familiar with the topics discussed.  I think this was a good course to remind me of the things I learned in college and make sure I'm still using them as I'm teaching today.

Much of the information was understood but the reminders were very helpful, especially in dealing with some of the more conflcted students. The tangible suggestions were helpful and I made more notes than expected!

I really enjoyed this course. We have students with such a variety of learning styles and I try to incorporate as many methods to reach them as I can.

These courses are very helpful, in that they have  allowed me to  see some of my own inconsistencies, and to correct them accordingly.  It  has also helped me to place my own teaching techniques into a proper perspective. 

-TWB

I enjoyed this course (ED104) and particularly enjoyed the videos from Harvard Business School.  Several ideas I think I will use in the near future include bringing in former students as guest speakers and the use of guided notes for reading assignments.

This was a great course because it brought together various pieces of information for me, which will enable me to have a better understanding of the makeup of an online course and techniques regarding communication with students, assessment and feedback and course analysis and improvments.

Sign In to comment