Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It was good to learn various techniques for dealing with challenging students. 

To fully understand material, you must be able to explain it in a way that all levels can understand it. 

I like the information on the value of listening to students.

We all have our moments. I have always tried to give the angry person the benefit of the doubt, that they are mad about something else, and I am just the lucky guy that gets to help them through it. LOL

Listening is important.

I learned to listen to the angry student and allow them to be part of deciding the solution. 

Managing challenging students is not an easy task, but setting expectations in the beginning will help prevent confusing; however, if there is some that resist you must be willing to take the necessary steps to rectify the situation.

Learning how to deal with the different types of students was helpful.  I am not a confrontational person to begin with and so having clear strategies to use is helpful in preparing to teach my first course. 

It is always very difficult to deal with a disruptive or angry student.  They want to blame everyone but themselves.  Always make sure when dealing with any angry student that you have means of removing yourself from the situation.

Good information to use.

Exploring the various techniques designed to combat cheating and manage dishonest behavior among students is truly fascinating. It’s enlightening to discover the different strategies that educators can employ to identify and address cheaters effectively. Additionally, gaining insights into how to recognize and handle challenging students who may disrupt the learning environment is invaluable. Understanding these dynamics not only helps maintain academic integrity but also fosters a more positive atmosphere for all learners involved. The knowledge gained from these approaches equips educators with the tools necessary to create a fair and supportive educational experience for every student.

At my institution we have set guidelines in place for students who can be disruptive. We have guidelines in place for cheating and other violations. Each phase we outline these guidelines so that the students have a good understanding of expectations. This seems to deter most from pushing the boundaries of the instructor and keeps them focused on learning the course curriculum.

I like the idea of taking notes when a student has a complaint. It would make them feel that they're being listened to and take seriously, as well as documenting the interaction should further steps be necessary. 

Sign In to comment