Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is knowing these various aspects of asynchronous and synchronous and integrating the supportive measures by the instructor as the need is demonstrated by said student.

Learning the differences between synchronous and asynchronous; how and when to use them in a discussion session, and responding promptly to the students will encourage participation in future discussions and activities.

This taught the difference between Asynchronous and Synchronous and how to Navigate them the online. This also taught how to provide any criticism online which should be via email

The importance of positive feedback and strategies implemented to engage students in active learning.

I learned that it is important to keep synchronous sessions to no more than 30 minutes. I do think it is wise to split up instruction. If you go too long in a synchronous classroom without varying your instruction or mixing things up, students will zone out quickly. 

In this section, we read about the best ways to foster engagement and participation in synchronous and asynchronous discussions. I think the best way to really engage with students is face-to-face, but that may not always be possible in an online setting. Therefore, when it is done, it should be done with one student at a time, or in small groups with time allowed at the beginning and end for socialization and closing remarks. For asynchronous, it might allow for more participation from each person, at their own pace. However, it is important that you participate, as the instructor, in the discussion too!

I actually loved the continued education on synchronous and asynchronous, and understanding the difference. I realized that the student participation is very very important especially when it comes to retaining information. 

Understanding the difference in Asynchronous and Synchronous is important to the class and class size. Remember to have rules, and good discussion question and small groups for good learning

Posting various discussions allow for multiple perspectives from students.

When to use asynchronous and synchronous discussions also, I will provide my students with appropriate feedback.

I learned that synchronous forums are not good for imparting essential information and some strategies for improving their use in online courses. I gained some insight in how to better run asynchronous discussion forums that I will utilize in my courses. It was also very helpful to identify the main learning styles and how to recognize them. This will be useful in engaging students with my course content. 

Use small  talk!

Asynchronous is the preferred form of discussions because it gives opportunities for student's to all participate over a longer period of time. 

Personalised assistance is a beneficial approach. It helps build trust and confidence in students. By tailoring support to individual needs, we can enhance their learning experience and promote success.

Manage all discussions effectively. 

Sign In to comment