Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being prepared for class allows for you to present yourself as a trusted professional and allows for you and the students to have an engaging productive experience. 

Organization and communication is key to successful instruction. 

I have learned that a new instructor will undergo rough periods as they develop their personal style of learning that will engage with the students and offer the various learning styles. Also, reflecting and journaling class experience will be helpful to improve teaching skills. 

Having handouts, tech and other resources ready and planned out show the students you're engaged and there to teach them

Combining the best of the different instructors of my past is not new exactly but not top of mind, great insight

Using class time to prepare assignments or materials is not a good practice because it takes away from the time you get to spend with students. Understanding the different style of teachers was interesting and helpful especially when it comes to utilizing methods of differentiated learning.

Whole teaching methods must be very organized. Your delivery will be good if you are prepared.

Shah Rahman

I learned a lot more regarding field trips, guest speakers and of course, classroom organization. The observation work sheet, post the field trips, is a great idea and would give me more then a show of hands answering my questions. I could combine both... Also I do have a lot of industry professional that have come in to speak about their job and answer student questions after.

There are many effective ways to be a great teacher. It includes everything from being very organized to strategically delivering lessons for best outcomes. 

Preparation is critical in setting the foundation for a successful learning environment. 

I am always early to class and have the material ready (handouts, etc) but this course has taught me to evaluate myself, my personality and my teaching style as well. This will assist me to provide a better  and positive learning environment in my class room. The analogy of the classroom being an orchestra was very interesting and made complete sense. I as the instructor need to manage my classroom well so the orchestra made nice music and not chaotic and annoying noise. 

Understanding my personality type and the types of students is paramount in teaching. Being prepared helps with the flow of class.

I liked the idea of different colored papers for handouts. Also, managing my time in the mornings in order to avoid feeling rushed and appearing more organized. 

Being enthusiastic about your job shows your students how much you value your profession and your achievements.

You often think that teaching only involves curriculum and lesson plans, but our interactions and persona have a lot to do with the projection of success to the students.

This was a reminder of how important our teaching values affect the students!  We must exercise respect, commitment and preparation everyday for our classroom.

Sign In to comment