Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Remember that students have different learning styles. It will be important to implement teaching to confirm to these styles. 

Always vary learning styles when delivering lectures to ensure that all your students have their needs met. 

It is important to present content in different forms of delivery to try to accommodate as many learning styles as possible. 

I will try to apply more variation to my lecture delivery, this has been very helpful. 

Make sure you practice a demonstration before presenting to the class.

Switch it up occasionally. Using the same teaching methods can become monotonous and lessen student retention. By using varied teaching methods you and increase engagement and retention in the classroom!

Guide students while they are doing demonstrations and be sure to bring them all together at the end of a demonstration to remind them of what they have learned and how they are progressing

Even when I develop a lesson plan, it is important to remain flexible to adapt to the needs of the students. I plan to use several teaching methods to reach as many students as possible.

Be confident, be prepared and be personable and you will be successful. 

The idea of dividing lectures into 10-15 min increments should make planning/ preparing to teach easier. Diversifying content delivery keeps students and instructors engaged. 

Sometimes when I am in front of my students i will have a moment where I am unsure of myself, and my self-confidence drops dramatically. 

I found the suggestions on how to deliver a quality lecture very helpful. 

Don't read your lecture (I am guilty of this)

Prepare yourself emotionally for class

Avoid a cold start,

Grab students' attention with your opening, 

Vary your opening, 

Announce the objectives for the class, and 

Establish rapport with your students. 

PLAN PLAN PLAN  plan your lesson plans with contingencies (things go wrong, have a back up plan), practice demonstrations before hand,  

Attention spans are short, plan for 10-15 minute lectures and lessons,

Have students practice their newfound knowledge shortly or immediately after acquiring, this helps them retain it 

Varying your method of delivery seems to be the best way to keep students engaged.

I plan to incorporate preplanned lectures, hands-on activities and media clips into my teaching style. This will hold the student's attention and actively engage them in the learning process.

Keeping the student engaged and excited to learn

Use a variety of methods for delivering content. Begin by communicating the objectives for the content on that day. Let students know what is being covered. Use 10-15 minutes of lecture. Lectures can be delivered in a variety of manners. Storytelling, case studies, and straight lecture are just a few delivery types. After completing a mini-lecture, break up the class to apply the content. This might include a hands-on demonstration and activity. It might be that the students solve a problem as a group. If there are several steps students need to follow, break it down to 5-8 steps. 

interact with the students and learn there learning style

Varying your teaching style and methods will help to engage students of all learning styles, help keep them interested, and maintain variety in your curriculum

I didn't realize how much information doesn't get retained through listening.  It is imperative to stress that people not only listen, but take notes and review them 

As this section spoke about, a humans brain only will stay focused for 15-18minutes. to keep the students engaged it is important to vary the teaching style. Be unique. Practice, demo, and prepare. You need to be an individual during your lecture without getting boring. 

Sign In to comment