Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is always better to talk directly with a student about an assignment. You then can make a decision on whether to accept the assignment late or to give the student a zero. The student will appreciate your interest in their work whether they hand in that assignment or not.

It is fortunate that students will understand the importance of grading.  This is the only way we can know that students have grasped the content.  Be consistent in following your policies and procedures within the school and adhere to your own syllabus.  Create rubrics so students know how much effort it will take to earn an A vs. a B. Formative and Summative assessments are necessary for evaluation.

I can use my personality, knowledge, and expertise to enhance my teaching style. 

Grading student work can be one of the more challenging tasks to get done sometimes however its imperative that we as instructors are making sure that our grading is not only fair, but also prompt. Its crucial that we are providing students with feedback as soon as possible. This is one reason why the implementation of technology is so helpful. I have found that using assignments that can be automatically graded is a great way for students to complete tasks while also getting that immediate feedback.

an extra credit question can indicate an area of interest that may have been overlooked.

Keep students involved. Give extra credit if needed.

Shah Rahman

Having a discussion with a student that missed assignment a real important step to make early. I do this with my students when needed, but the discussion stops when I feel the student is not living up to his promises. The grade book being up to date will also let the student no that he or she needs to perform better to get back in the game.

Teaching styles and evaluation should align with assessments and if they do not then using the students' input on best ways to yield effective results from those evaluations is important. 

The explanation of how the extra credit points should work in the real world was very informative for me.

Sign In to comment