Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Set the tone and expectations for the class.

Jotting down quick notes is a good idea! 

Thank you, 

Prepare EARLY and CAREFULLY!

Syllabus and classroom set the tone and climate for your class. Early planning is supplemental to this in which I plan to implement.

It important to ensure you plan thoroughly for your students to arrive.

Planning and planning well are keys to success in the classroom.

Be prepared, set the tone in the classroom, hold students accountable -all great to hear !

I love the thought of coming in early to greet the students and understand where they are in the learning process.

i think the idea of using a checklist 

Early and careful planning is a must. This helps reduce anxiety by being well prepared and allows the instructor to get constructive feedback from their peers. Having a checklist and notepad will be utilized to keep me on task and organized not just on paper, but also to help guide my thoughts.

Come in early and make sure you're prepared, because if you aren't, why should your students be? Set a great example and your students will listen and respect your time. 

If we consider the syllabus to be a contract between instructor and student, it reinforces the need for it to be detailed and comprehensive.

Proper preparation is one Key to an instructors success, in teaching and in students staying engaged and actively learning.  Keeping a note pad or notes on yourself as well as students needs or struggles will help stay on task and get what's needed for yourself or your students.  Plan, Plan, Plan!!!

I learned that the course syllabus is a contract between me and my students. My syllabus should include policies, procedures, resources, goals, objectives, and evaluation methods for the course.

Make preparations early, anticipate changes in the first day and roll with the changes. 

Deliver the framework and expectations asap so that students understand the course objectives and guidelines for success

The course objectives need to be more specific to learning needs and topics to be discussed, exams preparations and how class will be conducted.

An instructor needs to be a prepared, if not more, than what is expected of our students.  Knowing the information well and planning ahead helps with first day jitters but also gives the instructor more confidence to be prepared and ready for the students.  Arriving early and greeting students makes for personable interactions.

It is important to know how the textbook presents the material, the supplimental materials that are available. Prior to meeting your students, look over the roster and identify names. As students come in, greet them. Be a person first, then the instructor.

being prepared  for class

Sign In to comment