Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To excel in online teaching, establish clear communication and maintain regular updates. Use engaging content like videos and interactive activities to cater to different learning styles. Encourage active participation through discussion forums and group projects to foster community. Provide timely, constructive feedback and be accessible to support students' needs. Design flexible and accessible courses, offering recorded lectures and accommodating various schedules and time zones. These practices create a dynamic and supportive online learning environment that promotes student success.

The importance of student participation in asynchronous classes and the instructor's presence in asynchronous courses gives the students a sense of security and confidence while taking the class. 

I like how this section pointed out to ask feedback from the students, this is something i will applying in my classroom. 

Keeping the students engaged is imperative in an online class. This can be achieved through discussions and interactive activities. Understanding how to use synchronous and asynchronous meetings helps greatly. 

It is important to keep students engaged in the online setting and providing ways for them to feel your presence, whether it is through active participation of the instructor in chat and discussion boards, providing video lectures as well as opportunities for synchronous and asyncronous learning.

I have learned a few different styles of teaching one is more for Or class setting where is the other one is for individual setting for discussion providing feedback in a timely basis that is also positive reinforcement getting feedback from the students making sure that they’re getting what they need and want out of the courses to apply. I’ve learned to have discussions with students and individuals throughout my classes.

Feedback should reflect student motivation and confidence 

It is important to show your teaching presence in the classroom by avidly participating in the asynchronous discussions and making sure that you understand the different types of students participation interactions in the classroom. 

Different learning styles create a need for focused engagement. Crafting discussion and feedback to each individual and their specific needs encourages participation.

The complexities of managing a group of students in a synchronous discussion is daunting for sure, with the quick responses necessary and the moment to moment motivation and engagement you need to push. Managing the asynchronous discussion has more ability to think through your duties as an instructor.

encouraging and engaging communication with students is important. I learned the difference between synchronous and asynchronous meeting and how it is beneficial to students

What stood out to me in this section is the three different learning styles: avoidant, dependent, and competitive; which helps to understand the aspects of the students during the course

It is important to identify students' learning needs during the first week, so the course delivery can be adapted to suit the needs of various students, to produce the best outcomes.

There are ways to engage students in synchronous and asynchronous activities. Assignments that require reflection and in-depth thought should be left for asynchronous discussions. The professor should monitor what students are posting and offer a summary at the end of the discussion post. 

The concept of asynchronous and synchronous in an online course is important because you should give each student a chance to participate in the course, so they can have a good learning experience.

It is important to remember that criticisms need to use the correct tone to ensure students don't experience damage in the learning process. 

I use humor a lot, but online learning is a flat dimension where the receiver cannot see facial expressions, hand gestures, etc. therefore misunderstanding may occur. Use humor but with caution.

Try to avoid synchronous online discussions 

It is important to engage students in the discussion posts to keep them active and interesting. The posed questions for the discussion post need to be clear, concise, and not overly wordy. It is important to make sure the students post mainly on replies to the individual student and not overly on threaded replies. 

It is not ideal to do synchronous method

Sign In to comment