Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learnt that it is very important to familiarize yourself with the platform and the system. Besides, it is very important to give some time to interact with all the students and be aware of effective ways to convey your message .

How to learn the structure to be most efficient for your students. 

To excel as an online math instructor, I need to be well-versed in the CMS my institution uses. Additionally, finding an effective way to bridge the gap between a traditional classroom, where students can ask questions in real-time, and an online, mostly asynchronous model is crucial. 

I liked how it pointed out that material should be reviewed in a certain order. i will be more direct with them, that they should also study the same way.  

When I familiarize myself with the information and how to navigate through the CMS, then it will prepare me to be knowledgeable and prepared to assist the students during their learning journey. Communication through discussion platforms, email, and other forms in an online platform is important because this is how we interact with each other. 

Student engagement can be enhanced and frustration minimized if the instructor is informed about the student's current curriculum and by accurately posting grades, announcements and changes in a timely manner.

Learning and understanding ways to keep the students engaged and actively involved in learning. Ways I intend to apply this to my class is maKing the class fully aware to always ask question no matter what. And there is no right or wrong questions. Feel secure about answering questions or asking them there is never any judgement snickers laughs etc. as it will not be tolerated in my class. 

I intend to be familiar with all the setting and e-learning structure. As an instructor it is my responsibility to use e-learning to the best of my ability when conducting my class. 

There are many different tools available to use in e-learning. The instructor should be familiar with the course, how to use the website and best way to communicate with the class. 

I intend to use more communication skills and entities as far as video and annoucements

The methods of teaching have left the classroom and have become digital. A lot of courses can be taken online and require instructors to be able to engage within an online platform. Being able to navigate different areas within the teaching modules is key to productivity. 

With online learning, it has become clear that it really is more about the course management system than it is about the talent and knowledge of the instructor. With the amount of independent learning that takes place in comparison to the number of hours spent with any single instructor, the technology is more important, and it is the instructor that must be diligent in learning the platform and all of its tools in order to manage the course appropriately. Open communication is also extremely important for the learning experience to be optimal on any CMS. 

Hello! 

It is important that instructors familiarize themselves with the CMS and also instructors need to be able to properly adjust the course delivery methods to their own particular teaching styles while abiding by the course content and delivery best practices. 

It's important to be aware of how the CMS works and how to maneuver throughout. We also should realize that we all teach differently and finding our own technique which complements the scope of the course will add to the student's experience and success.

Understanding CMS will be beneficial with student success. Having structure is important for students to learn online as well. 

Delivery and expectations are imperative with online courses. 

I learned there is different methods of communication and identifying the most common forms of communication to help a student succeed. 

To prepare for students, ensure you have a clear understanding of your responsibilities and knowledge of the infrastructure. 

Many online learners need tech support more often than learning support. It is important for an online instructor to learn how to provide both.

As an online instructor it is crucial to have a full understanding of the online platform in order to navigate the CMS.

Sign In to comment