Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To project my authority from a distance project that my presence is there from a distance, providing feedback platforms for discussions based on specific topics make more than one forum as we don’t want any confusion between one discussion and answer

Project your presence by sharing your experience and your academic background along with letting your credentials be known. 

I learned the importance of instructor engagement in the online setting. I also took away the bullet points of what should be done to show/provide support for the students. 

An instructor's teaching presence in the classroom is an important aspect of supporting the students while at the same time effectively connecting with the students to promote the learning experience! 

The more we connect with our students, the more motivated they will be. It will allow us to notice when extra help is needed and we are creating a relationship that supports them when they feel the need to reach out. Also, when we establish our credibility, we are respected in a way that will create more engagement and trust.

I found it interesting that including my qualifications and achievements as well as hobbies and interests would be a good idea to engage with the students. 

Build a rapport with the students. Share experiences, credentials, and educational experience to students. Ensure that you respond in a timely manner to students such as proper turn around time. 

Getting to know your students will help with building trust, which will help lead to them coming to you when they are not understanding the material/course

It gives students  confidence when they see the bio of their instructor, showing extensive experience and achievements in their field.

distance learning will require the instructor to take a invested interest in the students, by actively seeking knowledge of students goals and interests, teachers can gain insight of the students during distant learning and visa versa , sharing little experiences you experience as an instructor can make you more human during the e learning process.

I learned the importance of providing ongoing feedback to students in order to stimulate learner's interest and motivation.

The most important concept is to let the students  know  about your professional experience as well as your accomplishments and learn about theirs through a bio, so you can engage more with them, so that they can have a wonderful learning experience.

Having students share their biographies is a great way to get to know their strengths and where they may need additional help to thrive in my online classroom.

It is important to students to know what expertise, educational preparation and training   and professional background credibility the instructor brings to the course. I tell the students those things are important, but, "Just because something is said by a voice of authority, is it true?" If they are assured of the teachers validity they will trust what he presents.

Initiate, lead, monitor, and manage synchronous discussion sessions

I love the idea of posting an BIO of the instructor either by way of written or video format. I would like to add that the students each post a short BIO answering a few questions in the reply. I will respond to each student and then save the students BIO in a file for further use as I interact with the students through the course of program. 

It's always good to get to know the student 

Create the communication channel with students, monitor, be present in that chat..

Identify the difficulties, send personal e-mail to the student , remind about office hrs.. 

answer, if you do not the answer, respond with it at later time, keep the promise 

interwoven increase in desired applicable material to generate a sincere response from the student.

I learned that videos are the most impactful form of introduction. 

Sign In to comment