Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned that it's important to make your presence felt, show your expertise, and build good relationships in an online course. These things help create a supportive and engaging learning environment. I plan to do this by being active in discussions, giving quick feedback, and using clear communication to make sure students feel supported and connected during the course.

Creating an active learning online environment with trust and support is key.

It's necessary to project a sense of authority and credibility to the students.  This will not just come from my speaking to the class but also in how the online learning enviroment is set up.  I need to be aware of the potential pitfalls that poor design, visuals, audio, etc... will be perceived by a classroom.

Projecting your presence in an online learning environment is essential for making the experience engaging and meaningful for students. It involves using strategies to be a strong, visible, and supportive instructor.

It is important to get to know your students, share some about yourself, and be personable regardless of if they are an online learner or in your classroom. Having open communication can lead students to feel more comfortable to come to you when issues arise in their virtual classes. 

This section discusses the importance of the instructor and the ways in which the instructor can assert authority and create professional relationship with a class online.

Building one-on-one relationships with students, based on trust, respect, and consideration, forms the foundation of a dynamic and meaningful classroom experience. To foster an e-learning community, students should post a brief biography as their first assignment. Encouraging them to read others' biographies and engage in face-to-face discussions with nearby classmates can further enhance community-building.

Sharing your credentials, and experiences will help create a connection with the students. Implementing a bio from yourself and the students also allows a more personal touch for everyone and will enable trustworthy relationships. 

The main thing I learned is what to include in my biography. Academic credentials and achievements in the first section and my professional experience and achievements in the second section. 

I learned how to engage with student by opening the door to who I am and giving them the opportunity to do the same through biographies and one on one conversations.

Something that I hadn't thought of before that this section addressed was being aware of how student time zones can impact how they move through an e-learning experience. Because a class is asynchronous, I think it can be easier to forget those considerations, but getting a bigger picture of the students and their lives, even when you are not face-to-face with them, is important for adapting a course to best suit your student body.

I find it helpful to be present during discussion boards as well, it gives the students a sense of support and encouragement. 

Post introductions and credentials the classroom expectations and times of availability to answer questions and view students online assignments.

It's important to project and maintain your presence in an online classroom.

Allowing students to know more about me personally and professionally could really help their growth in their own career path. By sharing formation, techniques, goals and continues education courses would influence the students to not only do better but be more engaged in class and also a great jumpstart to their esthetics career. Estheticians are made in the classrooms but skills such as customer service, customer relations and client satisfaction will exude all greatness into their business and have repeat customers. 

I learned that the students may learn best when they know that you are a trusted instructor, when you can be relatable and informative. Also opening a line of communication with the students and encouraging them to communicate with their fellow students. 

very informative in making  connections with online students

Making a connection with the learners will gain their trust and create a fun and safe learning environment. 

I’ve learned the importance of building a strong rapport with the students. It keeps the door open for them to interact and stay engaged in their assignments with myself and their peers, although they aren’t entirely in person.

This learning session has helped me to better understand asynchronous vs synchronous. It is knowing when the student may experience more success with one over the other, but the flexibility of these models will allow the teacher to demonstrated effective administrative and management support of student needs.

Sign In to comment